Ah yes, it’s that time of year again…Time for a good old Spring Clean!
Be realistic, a good spring clean should take a good couple of days when done thoroughly! Nevertheless, Spring Cleaning does not have to be chore or boring for that matter. With these handy tips, you’ll be done in a flash!
First things first, make a checklist:
• cleaning supplies for oven, bathroom surfaces, kitchen, cupboards, floors.
• A bucket: to carry all the cleaning supplies from room to room (this is a real time saver!).
• Remember your old rags, paper towels, newspapers and rubbish bags.
• Dig out your oldest clothes… things may get messy!
• Wear rubber or cotton gloves to protect your hands.
• Write a plan- going from room to room. Try to avoid the temptation to do different tasks at once.
• Open up the window! This will help freshen up the room and help remove loosened airborne dust.
Once you are all prepared, put on your radio
This will guarantee to inject that much-needed spring in your step! Always remember to be ruthless, i.e. dump that pile of magazines that has been lying on your bedside table for months (hopefully the load has not been building since your last spring clean!). In addition, try not to get distracted, i.e. any family pictures or albums should be viewed after. Put them aside until all the cleaning is out of the way. With a view to this, make sure you tidy the house before you start cleaning, allowing yourself a clean run when it comes to the nitty-gritty work! When the cleaning is all done, take the opportunity to hang up those pictures you always wanted up but never got around to, or to change the furniture around, for a totally new look.
Finally, when you’re finished, pour yourself a nice cuppa or glass of your favourite wine and put your feet up for some well-deserved relaxation in your lovely, fresh-smelling, tidy home!